Welcome to Skooville (previously SuperClubsPLUS - www.scplus.com) the social network that provides children 6-14 years with a fun and secure experience, educating them how to be safe and responsible cyber-citizens.
Skooville was designed and created and is owned by Intuitive Media Australia (IMA), referred to as "we", "us" or "our" in this notice as appropriate.
Please note that for all purposes related to Data Protection Acts and/or other related legislation in all jurisdictions including the UK, Australia and New Zealand, IMA is to be assumed to be the data controller.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users of Skooville and are always striving to ensure that Skooville remains a fun, safe and secure learning experience for all users. We encourage our users to act responsibly and with due care when it comes to their personal information and that of others.
If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use and/or share personal information, we will give you prominent notice of these changes and offer you a choice about whether the changes should apply to any personal information that we previously collected from you. If we make material changes to how we collect and use personal information from children under the age of 13, we will notify parents or guardians by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of their child's personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect on Skooville and the way we use that information is described below.
For children we collect the following information:
- Your First Name. We only use this information to:
- create your username on Skooville.
- help identify you to your school and teacher and parents or guardian.
- Your Month and Year of Birth. We only use this information to:
- verify your age for the purposes of determining whether Skooville is appropriate for you and to ensure that you only receive communications that are appropriate for your age.
- help identify you to your school and teacher and parents or guardian.
- Your School. We only use this information to:
- enable other members of your school to more easily identify you and thereby find you on Skooville.
- Your Country of Residence. We only use this information to:
- present the correct version of Skooville and the correct version of any information relevant to your use of Skooville to you.
For teachers, parents and guardians, we collect the following information:
- Your full (First, Second) name. This is not displayed publicly on Skooville. We only use this information to:
- allow us to identify you as the subject of a request by us for a child in your care to be able to access and use Skooville.
- Your email address. This is not displayed publicly on Skooville. We only use this information to:
- help verify your professional and current status as a teacher (as appropriate).
- provide you with details regarding your child's or children's use of Skooville.
- provide you with details regarding our use of the information that you provide to us.
- request permission for your child or children to access and use Skooville.
- manage and communicate with you about your child's or children's access to, or use of, Skooville.
- respond to any correspondence sent to us.
- send you marketing communications from time to time containing (i) general news about Skooville; (ii) news regarding activity and content on Skooville; (iii) special offers and promotions on products and/or services that are closely connected with Skooville. At any time you can opt out of receiving such communications.
For everyone, we ask for some or all the following information. This is not displayed publicly on Skooville. We only use this information for you to be able to retrieve your password if you have forgotten it:
- Your mother's first name.
- Your father's first name.
- Number of people in your family.
- Your first pet's name.
- The name of the street or road where you live.
- Your favourite cartoon character.
- Your favourite singer.
- Your favourite band.
- Your favourite TV show.
- Your favourite food.
We may also verify (through an agent of the school such as the Principal, Administrator or Teacher or other Officer or direct Employee) that a Teacher who has applied to join Skooville is a properly registered teacher at that school. We may also validate a teacher's professional status through their registration with a representative professional body, such as the Victorian Institute of Teaching in Victoria, or its equivalent in other Australian states or overseas.
HOW ELSE MAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to investigate a complaint made by another user or any potential breach of Skooville's Terms and Conditions, to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of, or damage to, Skooville or the services made available through it and to take appropriate legal action against those responsible.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information with authorised third parties for the purpose of operating, managing and administering the services provided to you through Skooville. Such third parties may include providers of hosting, ecommerce fulfillment, moderation and payment and support services. We may further share and disclose this information with other third parties including our commercial partners from time to time (“Partners”) in order to better integrate their services with Skooville. Before we share or disclose any of your personal information with our Partners (for example, by linking your account on Skooville with your account on a Partner's service) we will always first ask you for your permission to do so.
We do not send any personal information that we collect about you on Skooville to any third party social networking sites nor do we share that information with such sites. We do not collect any personal information about you from those sites. We may, however, disclose personal information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
- to our employees, agents and authorised third party providers for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through Skooville, for example the sending of e-alerts on our behalf.
- if you tick the relevant box to permit communications from our Partners, to those partners, their employees and agents for them to send you communications regarding goods and services they offer.
- Apart from the use and sharing of your personal information in the limited circumstances already described, the only ways we may share your information are if we need to disclose personal information to protect our and our licensors' rights and property or to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
We aim to provide a range of features on Skooville that help provide a more personalised and enhanced experience to our members. To achieve this, we may collect and use a limited amount of non-personal information from you. For example, we may ask you your favourite books to read. We will never publicly disclose any such information on Pottermore without obtaining your permission.
We also collect aggregated statistics data, using Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/) and our own server logs, about visitors and members to Skooville and traffic patterns and potentially share it with third parties such as our Partners. To be clear, this information does not identify you in any personal capacity; it simply gives generalised information about the users of Skooville.
While on Skooville, certain information is automatically logged about how you are using Skooville to analyse generalised performance and usage of our website. This information will include the URL of the website which linked you to Skooville, your IP address and the pages you visit while on Skooville. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We follow strict security procedures in relation to the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us in order to protect against unauthorised access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt all your passwords. SSL encrypts the information you provide as it travels through the internet. Encryption creates millions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the website, so your password or information cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security that is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of Skooville or through any communications that you have had with us. You will need to provide us with a written request and pay a small fee. If you have any queries about your rights or wish to make such a request please do let us know here: firstname.lastname@example.org
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT(S)
If we suspend or withdraw access to your Skooville Account for any reason, we will delete your Skooville Account and any personal information, including any user generated content associated with your Skooville Account, after six (6) months of withdrawing access unless we reinstate your Skooville Account or receive a request from you to delete your Skooville Account sooner. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further details about the temporary and permanent suspension of Accounts on Skooville.
You can delete your Skooville Account by sending us a request to: email@example.com. We endeavour to comply with any such requests promptly and in any event within 30 days of receiving your request.
If you inform us that you do not wish your child to use Skooville, we will suspend access to your child's Skooville Account immediately and delete their Skooville Account (and any personal information collected from them, including any user generated content associated with their Skooville Account) within fourteen (14) days after receiving your request. Please refer to our Child Safety Policy for further details.
When we delete your Account(s), we will delete all the personal information associated with those Accounts including your activity history and user generated content associated with those Account(s). You will not be able to login to Skooville unless you create a new Skooville Account.
Your personal information and activity history on Skooville may persist in our backups after we have deleted your Account(s) but will not be available to other users on Skooville. We delete our backups no less than every five (5) years and only use them if we need to restore content or functionality on Skooville following a systems or database failure or to assist us with an investigation with regard to the possible misuse of Skooville.
Skooville is owned, hosted and maintained by IMA an organisation whose charter is to provide innovative, fun and safe social learning environments and activities for the purpose of positively shaping children's behaviours.
Contact IMA at the following email and/or PO Box address:
PO Box 477 East Melbourne VIC Australia 8002
Created: 1 September 2012
Last updated: 30 April 2013